Do you know What is 4G? What are its Features? Now talking about the time now, we are now using this same 4G technology in our mobiles. High-speed internet is used in our own homes, in the office, but when we come to the roads, this high speed often decreases. There is nothing like this in 4G technology because whether you are sitting in your home or sitting at home or traveling outside the house bus or car, you will get speed internet in all places. Which was not possible in other technologies (1G, 2G, 3G) earlier.
Seeing the speed of 4G it is also called mobile broadband. 4G's full form is the Fourth Generation Mobile Network. This is a mobile communication that is based on IP-based voice, data. gaming service supports high quality streamed multimedia in a portable device. Where the features like video call, online streaming was already in 3G, they were limited in 4G, but due to having more data and speed you can do a video call in HD quality, they can also do live streaming. Being more users, where there was a slight decrease in speed, these disadvantages do not come in 4G technology. Many such features are provided in 4G Mobile technology, in which we will learn further in this article 4G Mobile Technology. So let's begin without delay and know about What is 4G.
Full form of 4G is Fourth Generation Technology This is a very different technology in comparison to 3G and it can be practically possible because technology has grown significantly in the last 10 years. Its main purpose is to provide better and high speed, high quality and high capacity network, users. Along with increasing the security as well as reducing the possibility of a data breach. Apart from this, the reduction in voice and data services prices. So that users can take full advantage of all the new technologies
Current applications that include mobile web access, IP telephony, gaming services, high-definition mobile TV, video conferencing, 3D television, and cloud computing. All of these 4G has a very big hand. To do this technology properly, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) and OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) is used.
4G Main Standards
If we talk about the main standards of 4G, then those are WiMAX and LTE. Let us know more about these two standards.
What is WiMAX: The full form of WiMAX is Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. This is a wireless industry coalition that is fully upgraded and dedicated to the IEEE 802.16 standard, for BWA (broadband wireless access) networks. These WiMAX supports mobile, nomadic and fixed wireless applications. Its main purpose is to make the device more compatible and interoperable for use. WiMAX is competing with its competitor LTE.
What is LTE: The full form of LTE is Long Term Evolution. It is a standard of 4G wireless broadband that provides increased network capacity and speed, to mobile device users. LTE advanced has introduced a number of technologies when compared to other previous cellular systems. This helps LTE to operate smoothly. These technologies are OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex), MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output), SAE (System Architecture Evolution).
What is VoLTE: VoLTE's full form is Voice-Over-LTE. This is a new technology in which users phone call is placed above the LTE network, according to data packets, in lieu of typical phone calls. Therefore it is called packet voice and packet is easily shared in the network. VoLTE supports many callers simultaneously and can reallocate bandwidth if needed. Packet Voice provides the user with this feature so that he can know whether the person he is calling is busy or not.
The 4G standard sets some requirements for mobile networks in which Internet Protocol (IP) is required for data traffic and minimum data rates of 100 Mbps. To better describe the 4G technology, it is also known as MAGIC. Where MAGIC's full form is something like:
M - Mobile multimedia
A - Anytime Anywhere
G - Global mobility support
I - Integrated wireless solution
C - Customized personal service
4G (First Generation)
History This fourth generation of networking 4G was first released in Sweden in 2009. After that, it was further developed and deployed in full spectrum. Let's know about the features of 4G Technology.
1. 4G technology works in 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz band and 800 MHz band.
2. LTE and WiMAX technologies are the most important technologies used in 4G.
3. With it, 4G uses different technologies such as OFDM, MIMO, S-FDMA technologies, for its services.
4. These support for moving vehicles which are traveling in 350 mph, supports their high data rates. According to ITU-R, it can easily support up to 100 Mbps in moving systems like cars, bus or trains, while stationary users can support up to 1000 Mbps / 1 Gbps in pedestrians or low mobility users.
5. It can simultaneously support 200 voice calls in a single carrier.
What was the limit of 4G?
Now let us know about the limitations of 4G technology.
1. It is very difficult to implement Battery use, which requires a lot of expensive and complicated hardware, to implement a next-generation network.
2. It requires expensive infrastructure to operate. Which is embodied in eNodeB's (Access Points) and mainly EPC's (Gateways and Routers).
3. The data rate of 4G is optimal but this does not mean that it is best for all voice services. Some services are only for Wi-Fi or 3G / GSM cellular technologies, in your phone.
4. These are more expensive to implement.
5. There are many types of complex hardware used.
6. It has more power usage.
As we all know, once every 10 years, new mobile technology is born which is an upgraded version of a technology that was earlier. In this way, 5G was born after 10 years of 4G, and about which we will learn in another article.